List of restaurants in Kharkov
Let's face it. There are not that many excelent restaurants in Kharkov. It seems that most restaurants try to attract customers with bling, shiny settings, but when eating, you wonder if there is somebody in the kitchen. The atmosphere might be nice, but if you come for the quality of service and food. As an example, this happened to us so many times that when ordering a steak with potatoes or vegetables, the steak comes first and the potatoes might come 45 minutes later. Ask for a Gyn and Tonic, you will get a glass of gyn, and a glass of tonic next to it, and a third glass for the ice if you asked for it.
Eating in a restaurant in Kharkov can be frustrating unless you know what to expect. Here is selection of reviews of some good (and not that good) restaurants. Take your choice ;)
- Dolce Coffee shop which could be called a restaurant.
- Pyjama Pyjama - a lounge cafe and wine boutique with one of the best cuisine and service in the city.
- Plombiro on Sumskaya, 51 Romantic cafe "Plombiro" on Sumskaya, 51
- Yakitoriya There are many places to try japanese food in Kharkov. They are becoming extremely popular these days but restaurants "Yakitoriya" win the prize for now. The quality of food is the same in all their "spots".
- Imereti One more Georgian restaurant. As always- perfect food
- Pasta Project The place itself is unusual - even if it is crowdy there, you don't notice this because every table is separated from others, waiters don't irritate you as you place your order on the computer
- Avlabar A wonderful georgian restaurant on Pushkinskaya can compete with any european one in a way of preparing and serving food. Attentive but not annoying waiters;
- Jazzter Jazzter is a restaurant for those who appreciate live music and service of high quality
- Stargorod Stargorod is brewery, pub, restaurant and sport bar.
- Gostinaya A wonderful 24x7 cafe in the very heart of the city. They have open-air veranda with flowers, comfortable chairs and soft plaids where you can have a cup of tasty morning coffee or a cocktail at night.
- Pushka It is a comparatively expensive restaurant but you will easily agree with us that their food is good enough to pay its price. You can take any meal of European, Italian, French and author's cuisines and you will not be disappointed.
- Paris French restaurant "Paris" on Petrovskogo str.
- Testov Testov - the first pie cafe in Kharkiv.